21 Ways to Prevent Hair Loss!
Normal Hair Loss- nothing to worry about!
We all lose a bit hair filament every day. So, it’s quite common to see some hair coming off our scalp when we comb our hair every day. Typically we lose about 80-100 strands everyday due to the ending of life cycle of a hair strand. If that is the stuff, you don’t have to worry much. Just maintain to have a stress-free healthy lifestyle including our daily balanced diet. It’s when you see an unusual loss of hair that you should start taking remedies to stop this. There are many reasons for hair loss. You may lose hair due to some hormonal changes, unhealthy lifestyle, junk food avoiding of nutritional value, stress, some medication, vitamins deficiency, thyroid problems, menopause etc. Whatever the reasons, you should try to ignore them and then retreat to these home remedies for hair loss.
Actual Hair Loss- Get, Set, Go….
Massage, massage and massage…
Many people are following regular head massage to heal as well as restrict hair loss. Why is massaging your scalp so necessary? It improves blood flow to your scalp! When blood flow to the hair follicles surge, it conditions the scalp, and strengthens the hair roots. The warmed up skin while massage opens up the blood vessels that help in good nutrient input. Don’t forget that hair is one of the main parts of our body that also needs enough nutrients to grow and stay strong. Actual conditioning through oil massage also stops dandruff which is another problem of hair loss. By massaging it makes us relax and it ease you off stress, other problem of hair-loss. When hair massage is so useful, why can’t we make it a regular habit of massaging hair twice or thrice a week? It will absolutely stops hair loss and makes them healthy and shiny.
Best oils to prevent hair loss
1) Coconut Oil Massage
Coconut Oil is reasonably one the best oil to restrain hair loss. Coconut oil is used mostly in India and nobody can doubt the aspect of hair that Indian women possess. Coconut oil acts as plaster by stopping hair from losing its moisture. Aside from the good nutrition that it adds to your hair, the lauric acid in coconut oil has antibacterial properties which keep away our scalp from infections.
2) Olive Oil Massage
Olive Oil is rich in antioxidants and hence gives great nourishment to our hair. It also goes through hair stem better and blocks them from narrowing down by controlling the hormone called DTH. The extra virgin olive oil is good one when it comes to hair loss which is rich in vitamin E and mono unsaturated fatty acids that not only stops hair loss but also improves hair growth.
3) Almond Oil Massage
Almond Oil is one of the most nutritious oil with its good contents that include Vitamins E, D, iron, magnesium, calcium, and fats. Actually, almond oil can also be used carrier oil when using necessary oils to the scalp. It gets penetrated slowly and deeply into the hair which makes it a good base for necessary oils. This way you can get advantage of both- herbal as well as essential oil!
4) Lavender Oil Massage
Lavender Oil with its delightful fragrance is good for arresting hair loss due to its antioxidant nutrients as well as antifungal and antiseptic properties. This oil extract from lavender flowers cures dandruff as well as itching, controls hair breakage all to stop hair loss. It extremely conditions the hair and also prevents dandruff. Lavender oil is mostly used to treat alopecia areata too. Alopecia areata is a condition when heavy hair is lost and that too in patches. In such utmost cases every day massage with lavender oil is essential. Jojoba and grapeseed oils can be used as common or carrier oil for any necessary oil including lavender.
5) Rosemary Oil Massage
Rosemary Oil, gain from rosemary leaves, is good oil used to control hair loss even for acute alopecia areata condition. This oil nourishes the hair roots and improves blood circulation in the scalp which also leads to hair growth too. Jojoba oil, grapeseed oil as well almond oil determines to be best carrier oils for rosemary oil. Combine it with one of any common oils and massage your scalp every day or weekly as per our hair loss status!
6) Geranium Oil Massage
Geranium Oil, obtained from plant’s leaves and trunk is good for both dry and oily hair. It normally works on the sebaceous glands on your scalp and supports in regulating the secretion of sebum. This in turn enhances hair while making them smooth and silky. Carrier oils are like as for other essential oils- jojoba, grapeseed, almond or coconut oil.
7) Super-Tip for Hair Loss…
This is something you all love to rub your hair with. This is a cream processed with a mix of essential oils. Will tell you how to make this mixture for hair loss prevention and also how to use it. You need the following ingredients in the exact measure as written below:
· Rosewater- 50 ml
· Distilled water- 50 ml
· Apple cider vinegar- 15 ml
· Rosemary Oil- 5 drops
· Jojoba Oil- 6 drops
· Carrot Oil- 3 drops
· Geranium Oil- 3 drops
Now how to use this mixture to massage your hair to decrease hair fall!
· Combine all the above oils and water and give a good shake.
· After washing hair, dry your hair moderately.
· Now take some cream, about 2 teaspoons that you have made, after mixing all the above oils and rose plus refined water.
· Apply this mixture gently on your scalp.
· Store the rest of the mixture in refrigerator.
· When you take out the mixture again next day, you will observe the ingredients are detached.
· Shake the bottle again.
· Now again apply as you did the previous day.
· Massage your scalp everyday with this mixture and see how you control your hair loss in only couple of days.
Eat Right to Prevent Hair Loss
Without healthy foundation any building can fall. Same goes to hair. If you don’t have right nutrition to your hair, they’ll ultimately fall. Hence start eating and rightly so for your hair too. Here’s what all we should include in our diet to control hair loss.
8) Omega- 3 Fatty Acids
Why have Omega 3 fatty acids?
They can quickly reach your hair scalp and cell membranes deep into your scalp. This adds nourishment to follicles which not only controls hair loss but improve its growth. Secondly, they also make your hair more flexible so that they do not break easily. They also heal dry itchy skin, thus preventing dandruff.
What to have?
9) Zinc Rich Foods
Why have foods rich in zinc?
Lack of zinc is one of the main causes of hair loss. Zinc enhances proteins (so vital for hair growth), creates DNA and improves tissue growth and repair. It also balances hormones which includes testosterone, high levels which can leads to hair loss.
What to have?
· Seafood’s like oysters and crabs
· Lean Beef
· Wheat Germ
· Pumpkin, squash and sunflower seeds
· Pork and chicken
10 Protein Rich Foods
Because our hair is mainly made up of protein. If we don’t eat protein rich food, we don’t have hair. Lack of proteins which can also lead to graying of hair.
What to have?
· Milk, cheese, yogurt
· Seafood such as salmon
· White meat- poultry
· Lean Beef
11) Iron Rich Foods
Why have iron rich foods?
Iron transmits oxygen within your body. Its shortage can mean less oxygen reaching your head and less oxygen means less blood circulation which in turn will certainly lead to hair problems including hair loss.
What to have?
· Egg yolks
· Red meat
· Dark leafy green vegetables
· Dry fruits like prunes and raisins
· Mollusks such as oysters, clams, scallops
· Beans, lentils, soybeans, chickpeas
12) Vitamins A and C
Why have vitamins?
Vitamins help in promoting sebum, the oily material that is secreted by our hair follicles to control hair from breaking off. Vitamin C boosts iron absorption. However, don’t go over. Excess vitamin A can even lead to hair loss.
What to eat for vitamin A?
· Sweet potatoes
· Spinach and Collard greens
· Swiss chard
· Winter squash
· Mustard greens
What to eat for vitamin C?
· Bell peppers
· Brussels sprouts
· Oranges and Kiwi fruits
Use Herbs to Prevent hair Loss
If your hair loss is subtle and you think you have perfect diet then also are helpless to control hair loss, some herbs may help us to run over hair problem. Some Indian as well as Native American herbs can confirm to be good solution for hair loss.
13) Bhringaraj (Eclipta Alba)
Bhringaraj herb is one of the essential components of ancient Ayurvedic hair oils and hair tonics meant for controlling hair loss. It is the renowned Ayurvedic medicine to heal baldness and premature graying of hair too.
How to use Bhringaraj to prevent hair fall?
Get some Bhringaraj leaves and make a special hair oil through the below mentioned method.
You will need:
· Bhringaraj plant/ leaves- 50gm
· Coconut oil – 200 ml (you can use sesame oil or any other oil as a base oil, but coconut oil is best for the purpose)
· Fenugreek seeds – 2 teaspoons
Below steps to make Bhringaraj oil at home
· Crush the leaves of Bhringaraj plant or grind it. However, do not make it a paste. They should be half grounded.
· Boil coconut oil in a pan.
· Add the mashed Bhringaraj leaves and fenugreek seeds to the boiling coconut oil.
· Let the mixture boil for about 10 minutes until when you watch big bubbles formed in the oil.
· Put off the flame and let the oil stand overnight in the covered pan.
· In the morning, strain the oil into a glass jar or bottle.
· Use the oil for massaging your head scalp every day.
If you can’t find Bhringaraj plants, you may also buy readymade Bhringaraj oil sold in the market and even available online as well.
14) Indian Gooseberry or Amla (Phyllanthus Emblica)
Amla, another Indian herb is a rich content of vitamin C and iron. This is used since ancient prevent hair loss.
How to use Amla reduce hair fall?
If your Amla pieces are dried, you can apply directly otherwise dry them up in shade.
· Boil Coconut oil
· Add the dried Amla pieces and boil it for the time until it gets dark in color
· Turn off flame and let the oil get cool.
· Take out the pieces of Amla and apply the oil for massaging your hair scalp.
Alternate way of using this herb is to drench the Amla pieces in water overnight. It’s better if you soak it in an iron vessel. Next day when you do hair bath after oil massage, use this water to rinse your hair.
15) Ghritkumari (Aloe Vera)
Not only Ayurvedic but even the age-old Egyptian medicine used aloe vera to control hair loss. Aloevera includes enzymes that can remove dead cells on our scalp so that they do not block the hair follicles. Blocking of hair follicles control nutrients from entering the hair roots. Aloevera’s alkalizing resource also help in manage hair’s pH level at optimum level improves hair growth.
How to use aloevera to prevent hair loss?
Prepare an aloevera hair mask. You’ll need:
· Aloevera gel extracted from aloevera plant – Half cup
· Castor oil- 2 tsp
· Fenugreek powder- 2 tsp
· Basil powder- 2 tsp
Combine all the above ingredients to get a broad mask.
· Apply this lotion mask to your scalp.
· Cover your hair too with this mask.
· Leave it for over eight hours. If you can do it at night, its better. User shower cap before going to bed.
· Have head bath by using a mild shampoo
Do this once a week for a couple months to get a good volume of hair.
16) Yucca Plant and Yucca Root Powder
Native American ethnic groups use Yucca plant root for controlling hair loss. Yucca root and even yucca root powder can have from grocery stores. You could make yucca root shampoo at home.
You will need:
· Yucca root powder- 1 tablespoons
· Water- 2 cups
Stir yucca root powder with water and blend it, if possible in a grinder. You will get a creamy smooth liquid through this method it can be used to cleanse your hair.
Another way of yucca root.
· Take a piece of yucca root.
· Husk off the outer brown layer of yucca root. It shows up the fleshy white inside of the root.
· Use hammer or some other tool like it; smash the root to get its pieces.
· When you use a piece of yucca root under water, you’ll get a leathery bar soap like thing with which you can shampoo your hair.
Manage your Stress
You believe it or not, if everything is right- the diet, vitamins and nutrients consumption, what can be the root cause of your hair loss may be the big obstacle- “Stress”. You need to figure out the reason for your stress and ignore that. Here are some ideas that you can follow for decreasing and managing your stress levels. However, your stress is common to you and you only need to find the right way to deal with it.
17) Do Meditation
Meditation is easy and you don’t need to pay money on it. Anyone can practice meditation. When you do meditation, you can target your attention. You would ignore the complicate thoughts that crowd up your mind and cause stress by activating hormonal imbalance. Meditation improves emotional and physical well-being including your hair’s health!
18) Breathe deeply
Deep breathing is the key to all Yoga techniques. It is plain, easy and can be done anywhere while doing anything. All we need five minutes break, sit straight close your eyes and focus on your breathing process. Breathe in slowly through nose, sense the air passing down till your abdomen and comprehend its making way up till your head. Now reverse the process, feel the air climbing down and constantly breathe out through your nose.
19) Exercise, even if in moderation
Doing regular exercise is not just to keep your body fit, but also makes your mind tension free. Any exercise- walking, yoga, swimming, aerobics, playing etc. – releases good chemicals in your body which Keeps entire body and mind stress free and healthy.
20) Express yourself, vent out feelings
Social support is essential in handling with stress. Talk to your spouse, friends, and family members- face to face or at least on phone. If somehow, you cannot talk to anyone, share your experiences and feelings in your book. Maintaining diary can prove to be a great stress destitute. Keeping you tension free will not only save from chronic diseases but also from hair loss!
21) Take Good Care of your Hair
Taking care of anything ultimately conserves it and promotes it. True for hair too! Have a good cleaning regimen for hair, do not apply harsh chemicals for coloring or styling your hair, and be smooth to your hair. Here are some more tips.
· Ignore regular heating and drying procedures for your hair. Heat favor to weaken hair proteins leading to hair-loss. So hair dryers, hot curlers, hot brushes, hair straighteners, hair fasteners etc. should be used delicately if at all.
· Stay away using tight low quality rubber bands, elastics etc. on your hair. Solidly done hair styles could lead to breakage and possible hair loss. Medical condition start hair loss due to too tight hairstyle is called ‘traction’. Better ignore such hairstyles.
· By doing above tips you can control hair loss.
Tags: Hair Loss,Hair Loss tips,Cure Hair Loss,health tips,Ehealthy tip,Daily Health tips,Latest Health tips,Yoga tips,Weight Loss Tips,Skin care Tips