Scientific name: Allium sativum
Oter names: Ail, Ajo, Allii Sativi Bulbus, Camphor of the Poor, Clove Garlic, Da Suan, Garlic Clove, Garlic Oil, Lasun, Lasuna, Nectar of the Gods, Poor Man’s Treacle, Rason, Rust Treacle, Stinking Rose.
Nutrients present in 100grams of garlic
Total fat : 0.5g
Saturated fat 0.1g
Polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Total carbohydrate 33g
Dietary fiber 2.1g
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin B-6 6o%
Vitamin C 39%
Modern science says garlic is a powerful natural antibiotic.
- · Garlic is a sulphurous compound and in general a stronger tasting clove has more sulphur content,heady and pungent smell hence more potential medicinal value. It shows anti inflammation in the body and act as an anti-oxidant and anti arthritic activity.
- · Previous research has suggested that the popular herb can ward off stomach cancer and colon cancer, South Australian scientists has studied on garlic and they suggested that it could reduce the risk of bowel tumours . Resent investigation at Jiangsu Provincial Centre for Disease Control and Prevention scientists compared 1,424 lung cancer patients with 4,500 healthy adults after seeing their results patients were questioned on their dietary and lifestyle habits, like how often they consumed garlic and whether they smoked.
- · The allyl sulfides found in garlic play a key role in its cancer-prevention. These garlic compounds are able to activate a molecule called nuclear erythroid factor (Nrf2) in the main compartment of cells
- · Resent studies have shown Eating raw garlic twice in a week can lowering the developing lung cancer, even lowering the damage of lungs for smokers, a new study has claimed. Some Chinese scientists found that those who consumed raw garlic as part of their diet were 44% less likely to suffer from the disease. Even when they allowed for whether people smoked – the biggest single cause of lung cancer, the researchers found garlic reduce the dangers by around 30 per cent, the `Telegraph` reported.
- · garlic can have a powerful antioxidant effect and suppress the growth of tumors. Antioxidants can help to protect the body against damaging free radicals.
- · crushed fresh garlic to help prevent infection by the bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa in burn patients. Also help in the treatment of bacterial infections that are difficult to treat due to the presence of bacteria that have become resistant to prescription antibiotics
- · Cloves are used to treat ,warts, corns and it can act a good preventer of antibacterial and antifungal diseases. There is some evidence supporting use of garlic for fungal infections like ringworm, athlete’s foot , jock itch.
- · Who will eat raw garlic at least twice a week significantly less likely to get lung cancer, even if they smoked or exposed to high-temperature cooking oil fumes, which is thought to be another trigger for the disease.
- · Garlic is used for many conditions such as blood system, high blood pressure, coronary heart diseases, high cholesterol and “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis). it is effective in slowing down the development of atherosclerosis and seems to be able to modestly reduce blood pressure.
- · Garlic is used to cure scurvy in an effective way as it has high vitamin C contents
The scientific research specifies the usage of doses are given as:
BY MOUTH: For high blood pressure
- Garlic extract 600-1200 mg divided into three halves and given three times daily.
- Standardized garlic powder extract containing 1.3% alliin content has been studied for this use.
- Aged garlic extract 600 mg – 7.2 grams daily once has also been used. Aged garlic contains 0.03% alliin.
- Fresh garlic (approximately one clove) 4g per daily once has also been used. Fresh garlic typically contains 1% alliin.
Weekly Eating of fresh( or) cooked garlic 3.5-29 grams can prevents the colon, rectal, and stomach cancer
APPLIED TO THE SKIN:
§ For fungal skin infections (ringworm, jock itch, athlete’s foot): garlic ingredient ajoene as a 0.4% cream, 0.6% gel, and 1% gel applied twice daily for one week.
§ Resent studies suggests that applying a specific fat soluble garlic to warts on the hands twice daily removes warts within 1-3 weeks. A water-soluble garlic extract also seems to provide modest improvement, but only after 35-40 days of treatment.
Tags:Raw Garlic,Raw Garlic tips,Health tips with Raw Garlic,Raw Garlic remedies,Home Remedies withRaw Garlic,Raw Garlic health benefits,Health tips,Ehealhtytips,Homeremediesplanet,Skincare tips,Daily Healthcare tips